A waste record is used to record the amount of product that is thrown away or wasted for a particular day and/or shift. Waste records are necessary for accurate forecasting, so forecasting should never be enabled if waste is not being recorded consistently.
Before getting started
- If you use the Workflows navigation menu, click Activities under the menu on the left side of the screen.
Creating a waste record
- In the menu on the left, click Orders, which will bring you to the View Orders tab
- Click the order for the date that you need to record waste
- Above the list of products in the order, click More
- Select Waste from the drop-down menu
- In the Quantities column, enter the number of pieces that were wasted
- Check the box that says "Close this record after saving changes." and then click the Save Changes button
A warning message that says "Units consumable is less than units wasted." will display in a saved waste record when waste quantities are higher than the quantities in the consumable column. If this happens, either the waste quantity is wrong and should be changed or the order quantity needs to be corrected.
- When entering waste quantities, you can use the tab key to quickly move down the screen to each item. You do not have to enter zeros for products that have no waste.
- If you need to stop in the middle of entering a waste record, you can save changes without closing the record. You can later return to the existing waste record by repeating the above steps and complete the process.
- Select Waste from the menu on the left to view the list of your waste records.