Rules are used to manage products, minimums, maximums, rounding, availability dates and days. Products can be restricted to a group of contacts with a rule.
Allows flexibility in meeting the varying needs of your customers. Can be used to manage both Sales and Work orders.
Location Console > Administration > Catalog > Rules
Adding a Rule:
Product Rule Details
Edit Existing Default Rule or Add:
- The system will assign a name for the rule that you are creating. It is recommended that the rule is renamed.
- A rule that will apply to the majority of your contacts could be named "Default Sales Rule."
- A rule that restricts a selected group of contacts could be named "ABC Group."
- A rule that that applies to certain types of products could be named "Bakery."
- A rule that restricts the days of the week an item can be orders could be named "Mon/Wed/Fri."
- Sales Orders - orders that are supplied by this location to the contacts listed under the Network tab
- Work Orders - orders that are generated for this location only
- Contact Scope - a selection is required for Sales Orders.
- By Selection - Add Contacts
- allows the use of Groups and/or Labels as assigned in this location under the Network tab.
- By Selection - Add Contacts
- Include all contacts in this scope - will apply to all contacts that this locations supplies.
- By Label - Contacts that this location has assigned under the Network tab.
- Catalog - select the catalog that contains the products needed.
- Category - select the category for the item(s) needed. It is recommended that you focus on one category at a time.
- Groups - if you have customized your categories with your own groups, use this option to select your items
- Filter - removing the check-mark from Active Products will display all products
- Select All or check the products needed
- Select Products
Note: When using the link in the product overview to set rules for a new product and the Rules page is blank, click on the Rules tab at the top to display your existing Rules.
Setting Rule Details
- Availability Dates & Days
- Start and End date (if applicable) for the product
- Days product is available to be ordered
- by default All Days is preselected
- unselect All Days to set individual days
- Unselect All Days to blackout a product
- Minimum Quantity - this is the least number of pieces that can be ordered. It is unnecessary to enter 0 or 1.
- Maximum Quantity - this is the maximum number of pieces that can be ordered.
- Minimums and maximums are applied after rounding rules
- Round Quantity - the number of pieces you wish an item to round up,
- Rounding Direction - up,down or closest.
- When rounding "Down" or "Closest", it is recommended that you set a minimum as it is possible that an order will round down to zero.
- If forecasting is being utilized, it is recommended that you round closest.
- Clone can be used to copy information from a product that is chosen as the source to one or more other products.
Remember to Save Changes
- Use a rule to blackout products only available to select contacts.
- Use clone to copy attributes of one product to many.
- When activating products that were marked as inactive, remember to update your Rules for those products.