Catalogs are used to maintain a list of products that are purchased or sold by a location. It provides product information for the account as well as their extended supply chain enterprise.
Adding Products - for accounts that have their own private catalogs
Add vendor, production and ingredient items to the location catalog (all accounts)
Items and Products
This section provides instructions on how to add new items to Supplyit. New items are added to your account catalog before they can be added to a location catalog and used in a location (store). Items on the location level are referred to as products.
Adding Items (applies to vendor, production and generic items)
New items are added to the catalog in the account console first, then they are brought into a location and configured.
Navigation: Account Console>Administration>Catalogs>Details
Confirm that the department and category for the new item exist
Add new departments or categories when required
Enter Item Name
Vendor item names include the ordering unit in the name field. ie (case/144), (1 gal), (6/32 oz
Assign Department and Category
In the Code field enter the item #
Vendor products typically have an item number used in ordering
Retail items can have a number you assign or a default code will be assigned if left blank
Remember to Save Changes
Once you have added the items to your location you will need to configure the product. Product configuration needs to be done in the following areas:
New vendor products need to be connected to their associated generic product. This is very important for inventory.
In the product details, set the product active and supply status and the production lead time. Products that are made the same day do not need a production lead time.
- Products that are being produced and sold should be set to active and supplied.
- Products that are being used as ingredients are generally not supplied.
- Inactive products will not appear on orders even if they are on an order template so it is important that products that are being sold are set to active and those that are not are set to inactive.
- Production lead time format is dd.hh:ss (01.00:00 = 1 day).
Navigation: Location Console>Administration >Catalog > Products > Add
- Select the catalog for your new products (retail, generic, recipes and vendor)
- Use Category and/or Keywords to filter
- Set active status (only active items appear on orders)
- When configuring an item you may want to uncheck Supply Status until completed.
Repeat as needed until you have added all of the components for the new product